Monday

An early start

I started life as a fussy eater. Every single friend of my parents has a recollection of the very thin blond little girl trotting around followed by a family member carrying a spoonful of something, trying to feed her. I was also very famous of saving some food on the very back of my mouth hoping to fool my mom that I ate all my dinner (this little habit proved to be very bad for my mouth hygiene, I suffered of toothaches quite often in my youth).
We do not remember when exactly I turned to be an eating machine. But I do remember when I started cooking properly! My mom was suffering a bad eczema in her palms, I was 7. She asked me if I would enjoy helping her in the kitchen. Oh yes! My very first full dinner was "Pan fried meatballs with tomato sauce served with mashed potato and shepherd salad". So successful!
Meatballs, we call "kofte" in Turkish and we cook them in several different ways. I love them all! Potato is my favorite staple food of all times. Can not live without tomato, garlic and olive oil which are the main ingredients of Turkish shepherd salad "coban salata". Don't worry recipes will follow!
My little joy of cooking at 7 became a passion for food and stamped all my lifestyle today. I am so lucky that my life partner F. shares the very same passion of food and pleasures of good living with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment